Fresno State, which has ranked in the nation's Top 10 in attendance every year since records have been kept for Division I softball, topped the Mountain West again in 2014.
The 10 largest crowds to see a Mountain West softball team this past season all occurred at the recently-renamed Margie Wright Diamond. On 16 different occasions, the Bulldogs drew crowds in excess of 1,000 at home in 2014. Twice on the road Fresno State played in front of more than 1,000 as well.
All three games of the Fresno State-San Diego State series ranked among the top 10 in attendance last season. The largest crowd to witness a regular-season conference game in 2014 was 1,394 when the Bulldogs hosted UNLV. For a non-conference tilt with New Mexico State, Fresno State drew a season-high 1,640.
The 10 largest crowds in a Mountain West softball stadium for 2014:
- 1,640 - New Mexico State at Fresno State, March 15
- 1,485 - Ohio State at Fresno State, March 14
- 1,394 - UNLV at Fresno State, April 26
- 1,374 - San Diego State at Fresno State, April 11
- 1,351 - Colorado State at Fresno State, May 3
- 1,341 - Colorado State at Fresno State, May 4
- 1,327 - UNLV at Fresno State, April 27
- 1,291 - San Diego State at Fresno State, April 13
- 1,285 - St. Mary's at Fresno State, March 16
- 1,261 - San Diego State at Fresno State, April 12